Saturday, April 30, 2005

Bryan's First Scout Camp

Last weekend, Bryan went on his first scout camp. He was pretty excited to go. I remember how excited I was when I was 11 years old -- looking forward to camping with the scouts. I remember collecting scouting and camping equipment, and keeping it in a box (my "Scout Box") and daydreaming about the campouts to come.

Bryan has now reached that milestone. I helped him pack his gear, and showed him how to set up the small dome tent, and take it down. We had him all set to go the night before they left. His gear was all set out by the front door so that he could grab it and go when the time came on Friday afternoon.

I interviewed Bryan about his adventures, right after he came home. I have posted his recollections of his adventure over on Bryan's Blog. Go take a look at it, and leave him a comment.

No comments: