Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Scott Lundell Funeral

A few days ago I mentioned the death of a family friend, Lt. Scott B. Lundell, who was killed in action, in a firefight in Afghanistan.

His funeral was held last Saturday. I was unable to attend because of a church assignment at the same time as the funeral.

The Deseret Morning News has a very touching article about the funeral. You can read it here. I encourage you to read it.

The Salt Lake Tribune also covered the funeral. You can read that article here.

Scott's wife, Jeanine, spoke at the funeral. Among other things, she said:
"Ours is a true love story," Jeanine concluded at the church. "Death is not the end.

"I will miss him more than words can express," she added. "I await our glorious reunion and look forward to our happily-ever-after part of the story."
My, what great courage and love she has. Our prayers are with her and her young children.

A fund has been set up for the education of the children at Mountain America Credit Union. Walk up donations are accepted at any of their branches. If you are not near a Mountain America Branch, you can mail a contribution to the Scott B. Lundell fund at:

MACU Fulfillment Dept
Attn Olivia
7181 S Campus View Dr
West Jordan UT 84084

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I'm sure it doesn't bother him at all...Paul was actually promoted to Major some time ago.