Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Burrr!!

It's a little on the chilly side here today!

We had a "commuter special" snowstorm come through the valley last evening. It started snowing at about 3:00 pm, and continued until about 9:00 pm. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get home, when a normal commute is about 25 minutes.

I decided to shovel/snowblow the walks and driveway last night so that I wouldn't have to do it in the morning. It was a good thing too! Last night it was about 20 degrees when I was out working on the driveway. We had about 8 inches of snow at our house. This morning, after the storm passed and the skies cleared, the temperatures dropped down to 7 degrees.

So I get here to work this morning, only to find that there is only 1-2 inches of snow here. There is something unfair about all of that! I guess it all depends on the whims of the "Lake Effect" from the Great Salt Lake.

Meanwhile, I think I'll see if I still have some hot chocolate mix here in my desk.

No comments: