Friday, July 08, 2005

Grandpa's Ranch - Old Canyon


Grandpa's Ranch - Old Canyon
Originally uploaded by David B..
A View of Grandpa's ranch, looking Southwest toward Old Canyon.

I practically grew up here. I would spend every summer of my life here, until I was 19 years old. As soon as school would let out, I would be there. I wouldn't go home to the city until September, when school would start again.

I learned so much here. Common sense, how to work hard, and problem solving. I also got to work side by side with my grandpa which was a special relationship .

The ranch was sold nearly 30 years ago. We drive past it once or twice a year for old times sake. The ranch house is unnoccupied, and is starting to get rundown.

Each time I see it, I am flooded with many memories of my youth.

I only wish that my children could have a comparable experience today. They are really missing out!

No comments: